This specification is applied to various DOOR & HATCH of naval vessels and hereupon attaching Fitting, design, manufacture, examination and warranty of quality.
2. Application Standards and Documents
- KS, Korean industrial Standard
– Machine Design Chart Manual
– Construction Specification
3. Technical Specifiaction
Material name size NAVY standard note
AL+STL Q/A W. TDOOR 600×1500 803-6397268 & 803-6397269 8DOG
3-2 General guideline
Various DOOR & HATCH should be designed and manufacture by considering tightening, function, and other performance etc.
3-3 Dimension and Performance
3-3-1 closeness performance
1) Closeness degree of closeness device such as DOOR & HATCH should be equal as the closeness degree of structure which closing 10device attaches.
100-2 deck or the door that goes out to below open air should be designed and manufactured to become water tight at ocean accordance 10with standard design of minimum external pressure by 0.92kg/㎠ and internal pressure by 0.35 kg/㎠
2) Water tight closing device in bulkhead should be design and manufactured to endure 150% pressure that design head of structure gets 10to floor height of closing appliance.
3) Water tight closing device in deck of PLAN FRAME should be designed and manufactured to endure 150% pressure of structure design 10head.
4) Door and the cover of water tight or oil tight should NOT be designed below 0.35 kg/㎠.
5) Airtight-ness device should be designed endurably minimum pressure of 0.14 kg/㎠, non-weather tight closing device should be 10designed and manufactured endurably at equal distribution load of minimum pressure by 0.07 kg/㎠.
3-3-2 Gasket performance
1) Watertight or airtight door should attach the gasket of specific matertials.
2) Closing device and attached fittings should be manufactured to be able to fix the gasket perfectly in place.
3) All frames and coamings of gasket attached closing device must have the corrosion resistance steel edge and should NOT dig into the 10gasket.
3-3-3 DOG equipment performance
1) All closing device keep plan gasket surface at operation, should be strong and no tortuousness at DOG pleration.
2) DOG’s quantity and position that used for air or water tight door must endure the test pressure.
3) All operation devices and fastening devices used to door have to be designed by resistance structure by shock and other impact.
4) DOG must be able to be fixed while it opens.
3-3-4 Quick acting door
1) Water, air tight that is through vital space such as passageway, passageway to whole vessel and crew cabin is quick acting door and should be operated form inside and outside.
Classcifiacation Type Name Materlal note
cover A5052-H32 coaming SS41
3-5 Supply extent
Do packing separately and strong of followinf listed parts according to the quantity in drawing.
3-6 Shape and Structure
Shape and structure will be produce accordance with as per drawing.
3-7 Manufacture and Processing
1) General permission tolerance is 0.3mm, angle dose by 1 within.
2) Each of welding dose by 3.5, 3.5, and corner part dose GLINDING and smooth.
3) GASKET should be established considering the confraction by opening closing of door including margin of 25mm.
4) Surface degree of each part usually 35s(▽).
5) Door’s opening and closing direction does by indication of left ◁ and right ▷.
6) Do riveting welding cross head and then make plan surface by GLINDING.
7) HINGE gunning position should be manufactured without dislocation considering related drawinf and do weldinf the door frame and bulkhead stiffener by 3 each.
3-8 Painting and Coating
It has to be painted in clean surface state by specification below.
3-8-1 AL. product
AL. Surface agent coating
Clean water washing
3-8-2 STL product
Apply ZINK PRIMER after SHOT
4-1 Even if it passes intermediate survey and final inspection, the inspection will be executed at warehousing for detecting the defect
100 that is produced in transport.
4-2 Must warrant supply of all goods that is supplied by this specification by taking action below for 12 months from delivery of vessel.
1) It should be maintained by supplier’s expense about all defects that occur from certain occasions.
2) Urgent repair or part exchange should be maintained immediately. In the case of the supplier that can NOT fix it, the supplier must
10compensate all expenses that happen thereby.
3) Warranty period of parts that is exchanged will be extended to 12 months after part exchange.
4) If defect occur, the supplier should fix and complete for the shortest time.
5) If defect is occurred in normal operation afrer the term of guarantee ends, the supplier should cooperate to the urmost.
5. Test and Inspection
5-1 Test & Inspection Category
– Material inspection
– Surface inspection
– Quality inspection
– Welding inspection
– Assembling inspection
– Functioning inspection
– Hydraulic inspection
5-2 Test & Inspection method
5-2-1 Material Inspection
All material should have approval about chemical property abd mechanical special quality before manufacturing and if need, it execute the cupping test on each material. General resources submit the results instead of these.
5-2-2 Surface inspection
1) The stat of surface should kept smooth and projecting part, SLAG and SPATTER must be removed cleanly after welding.
2) Crack must NOT be happened in PRESS operation part and other bending part. After getting the approval according to occurrence
10degree at occurrence, do manufacturing, welding and GRINDING.
3) The processing region of DOG and handle should be smooth without progecting part.
5-2-3 Quality inspection
The quality of material should be used that is written in drawing certainly. In the case of NOT using it, the approval should be presented to be continued in manufacturing.
1) The contact corner of closing device that attach to gasket must be corrosion resistant steel.
2) All DOG and HANDLE of closing device and all price parts should be resistant to seawater and the corrosion MUST NOT be occurred
10on the surface in the case of SALT SPRAY
5-2-4 Welding inspection
1) Welding of each part should be amalgamated evenly, and there MUST NOT be UNDER CUT, OVER LAP, BLOW HOLE and any other
10negative element on welding region.
2) Carbon content MUST NOT exceed 0.35% in the case of welding steel materials.
3) All welding are not registered to drawing do by 3.5 mm.
5-2-5 Assembling inspection
1) Gasoline lubrication bushing should NOT be maintainde untill all welding end.
2) HINGE PAD and BLADE has to be sorted axis straight so that is Not disturbed from HINGE BINDING after connecting PIN.
3) Pad should be manufactured abd attached so that gasket in water tingt closing device is NOT separated.
4) The gasket should be established by adding minimum 25mm for the length of natural conditions considering contraction rate of opening
5) All closing device that are closed by DOG should have HASP and STAPLE.
6) All rubber goods and Round Edge should be in easy place to exchange, when they are worn away.
7) Various DOGS’ WEGED BOTTOM regions must be kept flat certainly.
8) All bolting parts have the split pin to project nut’s annealing or duplex nut type to fix firmly.
9) The manufacturer should provide DOOR CUSHION with fixable safety device that prevents damages of the door.
5-2-6 Functioning inspection
1) All operation axes must have the brush abd there must be the filler opening in shaft region to the lubrication between the shaft and brush.
2) The interlocking slale of DOG and WEGED should be equal in 1/2 position of opening and closing at operating QUICK ACTING DOOR.
3) Operation device of all closing devices should NOT be influenced by shock or external impact.
4) All closing devices should be operated smootgly from inside and outside.
5) DOOR Frame should be attached to resistant equal pressure at contacting surface.
6) Door and HANDLE should indicate the direction of opening and closing. The indication character is engraving of 0.8 mm depth and
10is filled with black enamel.
5-2-7 Hydraulic pressure inspection
If needs, the door should be tested by water pressure and test pressure must bo more than 0.92kg/㎟.
5-2-8 Warehouse inspection
Maker must submit each 3 copies of resource results and check sheet at warehouse inspection.
6. Packing and Indication
1) Packing of closing device should be wrapped considering circulation process, holding period, treatment number of times etc. so that
10the product can NOT be damaged by external impact from manufacturing to actual attachment.
2) Do suitable action for preventing damage during handling after package.
3) Spare part or small parts does packing by each.
1) Small individual part such as spare part should be indicated about adaption equipment and quantity certainly.
2) The change of packing and indication can be available after getting the approval.